Sprinklers Extinguish Apartment Fire
September 1, 2010
A building sprinkler system extinguished a fire this morning at Public House Apartments, 380 W. Washington Avenue.
Engine 1 responded at 7:55 am on Wednesday, September 1st and found that the fire, which was on the fifth floor, had been extinguished by the building sprinkler system. Ladder 1 assisted with ventilation to clear the smoke from the building.
Pizza boxes, which were on the stove top, caught on fire after the stove was accidentally turned on. A fire sprinkler extinguished the kitchen fire and a second sprinkler in the bathroom activated after the occupant carried the pizza boxes into the bathtub. The occupant received minor burns, but refused treatment.
Damage is estimated at $7,000.
- Bernadette Galvez, (608) 261-9844