Fire Sprinklers Douse Garage Fire
December 20, 2012
At 2:50 pm, fire crews were dispatched to 2343 Allied Drive for a report of a garage fire.
After playing in the snow, a 10-year old decided to dry his pants on top of a space heater, which was located in the garage. The pants started on fire, which activated the garage sprinkler system and kept the fire in check until firefighters arrived. Crews extinguished the fire within 5 minutes. No occupants were displaced.
Damage is estimated at $4,000. $1,000 in contents and $3,000 to the structure.
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) - The risk of dying in a home fire is cut by about 80 percent when sprinklers are present. Firesprinklerinitiative.org
- Bernadette Galvez, 608-279-7168
- , 608-261-9844