Madison will be a Bandswap2013 City
July 26, 2013
Calls for Nomination of Bands to represent Madison Music Scene
The Madison Arts Commission is pleased to announce that the City of Madison will participate in Bandswap in fall of 2013.
What is BandSwap?
BandSwap is a collaborative event that will highlight and promote the music scene of eight cities, including Madison, through a collaborative, nationwide effort with venues, media, fans and bands. This is a project of SpokesBUZZ, a 501-c-3 organization founded in 2009 that promotes the arts and culture scene of the Front Range of Colorado, headquartered in Fort Collins.
The mission of SpokesBUZZ is:
• Amplify local music
• Develop professional artists
• Promote our region as a progressive cultural destination
• Grow local economies
The benefits of Madison's involvement in BandSwap:
• The local music scene and community outreach & education/networking
• The national press opportunity
• The connection to like-minded city officials that are looking to collaborate and grow connections.
Bands interested in representing the City of Madison in this unique cultural exchange project may be nominated (or may self-nominate) to participate if they:
1) Are available to perform on Sept 21 & 22 in Madison, Wisconsin (showcase at High Noon Saloon on Sunday night),
2) Are available to travel to Ft. Collins, CO from Oct 3-7
3) Can explain why they would be the right fit to represent Madison for this opportunity in 200 words or less.
Thinking of nominating your favorite band? Please make sure they are available to play the above dates and submit your nomination to email@example.com by 11:59pm on Thursday, August 1st. The band selected to participate will be chosen based on: musicianship, creativity, showmanship, professional dedication, career aptitude, social marketing savvy, collaborative spirit, availability, and fit for this program.
BandSwap 2013 Starving Artist Parties:
Illegal Pete's is sponsoring BandSwap "Starving Artist Parties" in each city. Independent from each performance, we will hold a networking event that consists of a five minute presentation about SpokesBUZZ and BandSwap followed by a brief educational panel conducted by media and music contacts in each city. These networking parties are meant to serve as an enriching opportunity for the bands to create lasting contacts that will help their careers.
BandSwap 2013 Confirmed Cities include:
• Fort Collins, CO
• Denver, CO
• Asheville, NC
• Lafayette, LA
• Chico, CA
• Portland, OR
• Nashville, TN
The Madison Arts Commission would like to thank sponsors New Belgium Brewing, Majestic Live, Wisconsin Distributors, and the High Noon Saloon for making Madison's participation in Bandswap2013 possible.
For any questions, please contact Karin Wolf, the Arts Program Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Karin Wolf, Arts Program Administrator, 608.279.1846